- Measurement at the patient’s endocular pressure is made using a slit lamp, together with other routine microscopic measurements.
- Measurement accuracy is extremely high, the standard deviation among single measurements is approximately ± 0,5mmHg.
- The value is expressed in mmHg and it’s read directly on the instrument.
- Scleral rigidity need not to be taken into consideration because the small volume moved (0,56 mm3) increases intra-ocular pressure by only about 2,5%.
- Repetition of the measurement procedure does not reduce ocular pressure since no “massage effect” has been reported.
- There are no difficulties about standardization and calibration.